Monday, September 8, 2008

GIRL POWER!!

Thank you Sarah Palin...

We are all about GIRL POWER!!!!!!!!!! The glass ceiling has been broken, women can do ANYTHING... except be a prophet. (in the LDS church)
In fact, today Hannah bore her testimony at church:
"I'd like to bear my testimony, I know the church is true. I am thankful for my family, and I know that one day I am going to be a prophet.
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
She came bouncing down the aisle with a smile on her face, then sat down and said, "Mom, why is everyone laughing?"
I replied, "They thought it was so cute how you said that someday you'll be a prophet- usually girls aren't prophets... I think you meant to say that you're grateful for the prophet, right?"
Hannah said, "Yeah, that's what I meant."
"That's ok sweetie, everybody knows that's what you meant-- your testimony was so neat, thank you for bearing it."
She just has to be the sweetest girl ever! And so she does have a little spunk in her, just like her mother... besides, wasn't Hannah in the bible a prophetess? She just forgot the -"ess."
Love you Hannie Girl!

5 comments:

Angela Jamison said...

Thanks for making me smile today!!!
What a sweetheart.

Beck said...

Love it for many reasons, Jules!
1-That you have a child who will bear her testimony 2- taht she did it by herself and it was truly precious...GO HANNAH! 3- That I am lovin' Palin and thinkin' McCain was a smart man to bring her on board, so thank you and 4- GIRL POWER RULES!!! (ihave to keep saying that it my house of boys!)

Whitney said...

Awesome.

HalnJess said...

Okay, Hannah's testimony is going into my favorites. That is entirely precious!! LOVE IT! And then I read about the spiders - holy cats. There are only a few things in Texas I can't stand and you listed half of them!! GOOD LUCK!!

Jenny said...

I missed it because we weren't there Sunday but I can just imagine it! I love Sarah Palin..let's hope she get's in!