Christian Taylor Seamons
October 23, 1976-February 16, 2009
This is my awesome cousin Chris... and little did I know that when I went to Utah for a quick "get away" weekend last October, it would be the last time I would see him. I drove into his parents driveway and he gave me a huge hug. Then we went into the kitchen and he sat on the counter and ate a bowl of cereal while we chatted about life and all the
pretty girls he was dating.
He passed away sometime Sunday/Monday in his sleep and was found peaceful in his bed on Monday afternoon. I still cannot believe he is gone-- and I thank GOD I have the knowledge that I will see him again.
Chris was ALWAYS the life of the party. He defied death a million times on a snowmobile and yet, how ironic it was that he died in his sleep-- not in any danger at all. I loved his smile... he had the biggest grin, especially when he'd be "in trouble" (even at age 32!) and he'd just flash that smile and get out of anything!!

His friends knew him as DJ Pilot. He was one of the most popular DJ's in Utah. He just finished Dj'ing Sundance Film Festival a few weeks ago. He was soooo cool- whoever gets his CD collection is "one lucky dog." (and that's exactly how Chris would've said it.)
I love you Chris. Even though I only saw you a few times a year, those times were precious. You presence will be GREATLY missed at all family parties and reunions. It is so comforting to know that you are up in heaven with Grandma and Papa eating cracked wheat and homemade mac'ncheese. Will you just tell them to stop recruiting? No more family members joining them until we can all do so together!!! Hugs and kisses to you and your family. I love you all and wish I could be there this weekend to celebrate your life. It sure was a life to celebrate!!!
Here is a story by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone about Chris:
In President Daines's stake down here we have a man by the name of David Seamons, and his wife, Ann, is on the Young Women general board. Some woebegone, ill-thinking soul last Christmas subscribed to Playboy magazine for this wonderful family. It came in January, and they were offended. As I understand the story, Brother Seamons called up the circulation department and told them they were members of the Church and didn't appreciate the subscription and that they would like to know who subscribed for them. The subscription department wouldn't tell them who it was. Then Brother Seamons told them, "Don't send us anymore. We don't want your magazine. We refuse to accept it."
Well, the next month the second copy came. Chris Seamons, their eight-year-old boy, took things into his own hands. He wrote a letter to Playboy, and these are the exact words: "Playboy, I think the magazine you sent us was quite uncalled for. I think your magazine is quite perverted. If you send us another one, I personally will take action." You just have to admire a kid like that. The best part is that on the back of the envelope he put, "Please send back my stamp."
Well, the next month the second copy came. Chris Seamons, their eight-year-old boy, took things into his own hands. He wrote a letter to Playboy, and these are the exact words: "Playboy, I think the magazine you sent us was quite uncalled for. I think your magazine is quite perverted. If you send us another one, I personally will take action." You just have to admire a kid like that. The best part is that on the back of the envelope he put, "Please send back my stamp."
Love you Chris!!!



4 comments:
So sorry you are missing your cousin.
With love, Michele
Wow..can't believe that! Your family has endured alot this year..I'm so sorry for your loss..love ya!
Oh I'm so sorry.
I'm pretty sure I met Chris -- two different times. He sounds so great.
You guys are all in my prayers. Another reminder to enjoy every day and hold strong to our knowledge of why we're here and where we're going. (but maybe we don't need quite so many reminders...)
Love you guys-
OH! on a lighter note. So bummed we didn't know you were like 100 yards from us at Disneyland last weekend. We would have LOVED to have seen you.
Oh no Julie - not again! I can't believe the year your family has had. I am so sorry. So impressed how positive you have remained through it all.
Post a Comment