Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm not going to tell you how old I turned today... but I am getting OLD!
The breakfast of a protein dieter on her birthday. Bill asked me what I wanted and I said CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My presents, too many of them!

This was soooo cute! Bill was all dressed and ready for work. He had gotten the kids up and was just about to leave (I thought!) when he told me to open a present. This is what I opened:
I was like, "Oh! Awesome- I'll have to make an appointment sometime." And he said, "You've already got one! Your appointment for a massage is @ 9 and mani-pedi @ 10:30." (No, he does not know the term "mani-pedi"... that was my insert.) He wasn't going to work-- he was staying home with the killer B's all morning so I could go be pampered!! I could not believe it-- just what every girl needs: a massage, mani-pedi, some juicy gossip and chocolate!! How well does he know me?

Then- he wanted me to open one more present. This really cool earring holder from my fav store, Sam Moon. AND- a gift card to go get more earrings! Like I need more!!! But I really do. I got 6 more earring/necklace sets yesterday! yummy!

We went to lunch @ CHIPOTLE (another carb loaded delicious fav of mine-- LOVE THEIR CHIPS!!) and shopping... it was so fun! Then, when the kids got home, I opened the rest of my presents:
Yes, I got a snuggie... because it's cool and I am always cold!

He also got me some Mary Jane Crocs and an ipod tuner to play my ipod music in the burb. He's so cool-- and NONE of it was last minute. Oh, and LOTS AND LOTS of chocolate and 2 little pints of my very own icecream. Again, how well does he know me?!
Dinner at Macaroni Grill- gotta load up on the carbs while I can! Cake at Macaroni Grill-- and home for more cake...
He made this INCREDIBLY YUMMY cake while I was at school on Tues. night. All by himself. I am so proud. So touched. Seriously.

I'm not going to tell you what I wish for! (it's the same wish every year!)

And here he is: HUSBAND OF THE YEAR. Sorry ladies... it's him- the hottie in the pic below. He got the MVH award. I couldn't have had a better day.

Thanks babe, I love you forever!!!

Last night after the family festivities I went to Chili's (for more dessert!) with friends. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. Thanks ladies- wish we would have snapped a couple photos of our beautiful selves!

And now back to my diet. UGH. Why can't birthdays be everyday?

9 comments:

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday Julie! I am pleased to see all the spoiling going on. What a fantastic day!

Angela Jamison said...

Happy Birthday Girl!! It looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm glad you got in plenty of carbs. Does your husband give lessons on how to throw your wife "the best birthday ever!!!"

Whitney said...

What a great day!! Happy happy birthday! I'd like some of that cake and then I'd like some of that BlueBell ice cream - best part of the South!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a birthday! And what a guy! I was so impressed when he asked me about my crocs (because Brock had overheard you talking about them with me)! So glad your family treats you so well - you deserve it. Happy B'day!

Stephanie said...

Dang Julie! Awesome birthday! I'm sorry to be late, but Happy Birthday!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day, good for you!
Stephnanie

Becky said...

i am speechless. holy cow. that is the birthday of a lifetime. that's like ten bdays in one. way to go bill. love the choc. cake at macaroni grill- good pick.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Julie- That is great your boys are getting trained right for how to treat their future wives on their birthdays. Good Job Bill!

Suzanne Plant said...

I am so glad you had an awesome birthday! Do you think Bill could give my Ryan some tips? He's a long way from winning an MVH award!!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday (a little late)! Bill did such a great job- what a good husband. I had Jon read this post so that he can get ideas for my b-day this year!