Friday, December 12, 2008

Gourmet--

So, most of you know that I love to cook- as evidenced by a body who loves to taste what I cook! I belong to a select group here in our area called "Gourmet Club." It is made up of 14 women who partner together and cook one gourmet meal a month and we rotate turns. That makes for 7 gourmet meals and 2 potlucks, one at Christmas and one in the summer. Our husbands are only invited to the potlucks (their manners aren't quite there yet for the meals). My amazing partner is Rebecca and our meal is scheduled for February. We've got our top secret theme set and we're excited for it! More on that later... but this was December's Christmas party/Pot luck/Gadget gift exchange. SO FUN!!!!
Rebecca offered her beautiful home to host the pot luck. Isn't her tree pretty?
The table (one of three)
Name cards...

The take home gift- Mistletoe!

The women prepping the food:

The men standing around chatting- waiting for the best meal of their lives!!!

These rolls-- so amazing! Made w/ sweet potatoes! YUM!

Pumpkin Cheesecake-- yeah, the pictures skipped right to dessert- the food was devoured too quickly to photograph!

Look at this chocolate cake- it's a piece of art! And I cannot even describe its yumminess!


Merry Eating!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne Plant said...

What a great idea!! Too bad I can't cook a regular meal let along a gourmet one!

Bethany said...

I want that roll recipe if you get a chance. Thanks!