What an amazing day! It started out with breakfast in bed... and I am so mad- the picture didn't turn out. They made me an omelette, toast, and fresh strawberries. And they put it on the plate in the shape of a happy face... it was so cute! Loved it! Sorry, no picture of me in bed- that would have been a little R-rated! But here's the kids before they brought it in...
Then I opened up my cards from the kids and from Bill. So thoughtful!
Here's Hunter's book of poetry for me.
My favorite was called "Chef Mom" It goes like this:
My mom is a very good chef,
after dinner there is nothing left.
Her food is so great,
and she's never late.
Even though her food is to die for,
I am always hungry for more. Thanks buddy... love you!
Brock's card was a depiction of me on the cover of "Time Magazine."
This is definitely a "post-pregnancy" depiction... I hope. And you tell me- did he draw cleavage? OR was that just a slip of the pen? There were 3 coupons inside for a footrub, a shopping spree with his allowance (gee, wish I would have paid him more!), and a meal made by him. Can't wait!
Hannah actually gave me her cards at the Mother's Day Tea on Friday... but she "re-gifted" them today as well. So cute!
You can pull the flowers out to redeem the coupon. Fun! I love that the older 3 kids are old enough now to do things that they can create themselves for mother's day. It really is interesting to read how your kids perceive you and what they like best. In one of Hannah's cards she made, she said I was 6 ft. tall and weighed 10 pounds. Maybe she should tell Brock to make my picture a little slimmer. ha ha.
Bauer gave me a nice gift:
Thanks baby! This was after church--- uh huh... all over!
I also got a lovely card from my DH. He is so wonderful. He brought me roses on Friday so I could enjoy them all weekend, and then wrote a very thoughtful message on the card. He also went all out with the breakfast in bed, and with a fantastic dinner tonight. He BBQ'd tri-tip (my fave!), baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and sourdough bread. Then we had caramel milkshakes for dessert. YUMMY! (ok, so maybe I do look like Brock's card!)
My mom sent me this wonderful book. It was so fun to read to the kids this morning. It definitely reminds me a lot of Barrett. Thanks mom! Love you!!!
We ended the day with a game of softball (sabbath style) in the backyard where I showed my boys what a talented mom they have. I think Bill was even pretty surprised after I hit one ball after another over the fence. Yeah, that's right, I've still got it!!
I am so thankful for these 5 kids who call me mom! And for an amazing supportive and HOT!! husband who is such a huge reason why I am able to do what I love everyday!! Love you babe! It's a crazy life we live- but I wouldn't want it any other way!!
To my mom- and my mother in law, you are both such stellar examples to me. I love you so much and thank you for your love and support! How can I fail with women like you to follow? Happy Mother's Day!!!

5 comments:
What a lovely mothers day. I am so glad... you deserve it! You look amazing. And the kids are getting so big!
Love and miss you!
OK you are killing me with this post. So funny! I really think that is some nice clevage he drew on you, what a good kid! And the pictures of Bauer are too much. I was thinking, "oh how sweet, he gave mama a cute smile." -- and then I scrolled down!
Happy Mother's Day Julie, I am so glad we have met, you are an amazing woman and a great example of motherhood!
Love it Julie..your kids and husband are great..love the cleavage. At least your card didn't say that you like to do weight watchers as abbey's did!! We laughed at that so hard. You are a great mom..Happy Mothers day-
ahhh, thanks for the laugh. Total Cleave. That so awesome. Locke doesn't even think I have boobs, kids notice everything, so you must be doing well. I wish I were nursing so I could get a pic like that.
That's what I'm saying! At least you got the cleavage.... okay, I was laughing so hard when I read your post! Sounds like a great day! You are such an amazing mom!
Post a Comment