So we went camping. Yes... we did. With a 12 week old. Uh-Huh, I'm crazy. And itchy. All over. Mosquito's like nursing mama's... we're SWEEEEET!
It was our ward campout and we decided last minute to go. Bill worked 2 all-nighter's for the 2 days preceding the campout, but we still went anyways... (all ya'll in our ward got NO EXCUSES for not going when we went w/ a dad who'd been up for 48 hours and a 12 week old... you're just W.E.A.K.) ha ha.
It was fun-- sort of. Actually, it was really fun! And really HOT! Notice in the pictures that Barrett looks wet, yeah, that's sweat. It seriously NEVER cooled down. The kids had a fun time playing badminton with some other friends. They were pretty good, I was impressed!
We had to chase the racoons away a few times- that was fun. And it was so hot that we roasted marshmallows and then squelched the fire. Thank goodness for the one outlet in the camp shelter to plug a fan into. Bill slept well thanks to that... although he probably would have slept anywhere after his last 2 days of work! I slept in the back of the suburban with Bauer... hoping to escape bugs. Not so easy. The car was full of em. There was just no escaping. My bed never felt so good as when I laid down last night. Thank goodness for a place to call home... with A.C.!

No comments:
Post a Comment