Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fish Lake

You know when you grow up and you go to a familiar vacation spot and it just makes you go back to your childhood again? That's what Fish Lake is to me. This was our 18th year going to Fish Lake. And if I wasn't sooooo sick on the day we left, I would have gone and taken a picture of the tree carving I made the first time we went... it says, "J+B." Yes, that's the same "B" I am married to all these years later... we had just started dating and I missed him so much. My cousins remember me calling him from the payphone every night. I love you babe.

We always go with my dad's family and the numbers have increased greatly over the years. This year we had 105 out of 127 descendants of Robert and Jessie Seamons all together at the lake. We stayed for 5 days full of fun, fishing, and family. I wouldn't trade this time for anything. It was so wonderful. A big thank you to my parents (aka NANA & PAPA) for sponsoring the cabins, it was so much fun!!! Here's a sampling of some of our activities:

There were 2 events that particularly stood out to me on this trip. The first one was a personal concert put on by my Uncle Jeff and his band "Steal 'N Thunder." For as long as I have know Jeff, (which is a looooong time, since birth!) he has always loved to sing and play the guitar. Our whole family is quite musical. Well, Jeff is finally living out his dream and is in a band. They performed for our family reunion and it was absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Can the backdrop get any better?! Seriously...


Here's Uncle Jeff singing and playing his guitar. Many of you may remember that my cousin Chris passed away this last February. This was my first get together with family since he's been gone. Jeff wrote a song for him and sang it that night. His passing hit hard. We all missed him so much at this reunion... especially his pranks and sense of humor. My cup was full to the brim that night, I didn't want to be anywhere else but with my family up in the mountains.


GIRL'S CRUISE:

Every year, all the girls cousins and one aunt (the young, hip, cool one... actually it started out when we were too young to drive the boat so she was our driver. But she's still young and hip, and cool-- can you guess which one she is?) go out on a "Girl's Cruise..." and I wish I could tell you more about it but I CAN'T-- because what happens on the boat, stays on the boat.


The one thing I can tell you is that there were many of us who jumped off the boat into the VERY FRIGID lake. These were the smart ones who didn't jump:


And these are the super fun, crazy, daring cousins who did jump-- don't mind the lack of clothing and wet t-shirts... We were all led my my sister-in-law Michele (in the red) she was the first to jump! Crazy lady!


This was my reaction when I hit the water--- BRRR!!!!!!!

GO GIRLS!!!


But I do have to give props to Kimberly, Kathryn, and Tiffers (not pictured) who did their own daring thing... I'll let you guess.




The best part about it was the pedicures, footrubs, and the amazing conversation had among these beautiful and spiritual women. They inspire me--- I'll never forget our Girl's Cruise. I'm so lucky to be in such a choice family! Can't wait until next time!!

2 comments:

mcwally said...

Gorgeous pictures!
How fun to have so much family in one place. You had a BUSY summer. Love reading about it.

Sad we weren't able to meet up with you in HB. Summer schedules!

CAG said...

I think you meant to say "one of your young, hip, cool aunts," didn't you? Maybe you could say the youngest who is also hip and cool.