So this kid is HILARIOUS!!!! I seriously don't know where he gets his stuff, but he is definitely the comic of the house. Beats out his older brothers comedy routines any day... Here's a sneak peak of the last few weeks of Barrett-isms, as he's learning new words daily. The kid kills me!
Barrett has been very interested in Star Wars lately. He especially loves "Darf Fader" and the "Storm Poopers." Those are his favorite guys. (He also went to his friend "Pooper's" bday party last week... Pooper is really Cooper, but he just can't get the C in there... sorry Jen!)
Today, while out to lunch after flu shots, we were sitting in the restaurant, just about to leave, and Barrett is smiling and laughing with a guy at the table behind us. He keeps going, "Hey!" and laughing. Then finally he says, "Mom, it's like Star Wars- mom- look, Darf Fader!!!" I turn around and look at a very nice African American Man sitting behind us whose skin is rather dark and Darf Fader-ish looking. I promptly asked Hunter to take Barrett out to the car before the man heard Barrett screaming, "DARF FADER!!!! DARF FADER!!" Nice...
So, we are STILL potty training. Yes- we are. The other day, I took off Barrett's morning diaper and just let him run around naked. Well, a few minutes later, he comes downstairs and says, "Mom- I poop in toyroom." (remember the I poop in Hunter room?) Yep, I go upstairs and you would have thought we had a dog. That's all I'm going to say about that because my mom was mortified I'd even mention it and she'll be very grateful to know that I did NOT take a picture. I was tempted.
Fast Forward to yesterday in the doctor's office:
Brock: Hey Barrett, are you a baby?
Barrett: No- I big boy.
Brock: Well, if you were a big boy, you wouldn't poop in your diaper. You're a baby.
Barrett: No, I NOT baby! I big boy! I NOT go poop in my biper -- I poop in TOY ROOM!!
Have I mentioned that Honeycrisp apples are my very very fav? They're a little pricy, but oh so worth it. This very moment, I just turned around to find Barrett with a stool up to the fridge, getting yet ANOTHER Honeycrisp apple out to eat. (This is is 5th, I only bought 6.) He just said, "Mom said NO!" Yep, mom said NO-- but does that phase him? Nope.
He is always eating something. Never wants to sit down and eat a meal, he just likes to graze. The other day he came into my room chewing on something and I said, "Barrett- what are you eating?" He quickly put his finger in his mouth and said, "My Finger MOM!"
Barrett wakes up every morning and wants a hot dog for breakfast. I have yet to give in (although I am close). The other day he was BEGGING! I said, "Barrett, hot dogs are not for breakfast, they are for lunch, now what do you want for BREAKFAST?" He said, "Lunch." Smart kid.


6 comments:
you're not suppose to give your kid hot dogs for Breakfast??? Oops! Evan will have a hot dog like 4 days of the week for breakfast. He sounds just like Barrett..grazes all day on everything! (he's such a bird, i totally let him...healthy or not!) Fun stories, Jules! Thanks for posting!
I was brushing my teeth as I read this. i almost spit tooth paste on the screen a couple times.
toooooo funny. darf fadder....
Ya...I laughed out loud at the Darf Fader in the restaurant! No filters on these ones, huh?! He and Mr. A need to get together real soon and dig in the fridge together. We need bungie cords on ours. Mr. A liked looking at your pictures Barrett!!
So cute! I just love the learning to talk age. The things they say for the first time and surprise you are the best!
Thanks for the laugh. You do a great job of recording the cute things you're kids do and you have 5 of them! Don't know how you do it. You're da bomb!
This Is Hunter and first of all he doesnt say darf Fadder, he says darf Fvadeer.
Post a Comment