Thursday, August 26, 2010

Two words... or is it one?


FOOTBALL  FOOT BALL FOOOOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

It is running our lives!  8 hours of Brock's practices and Bill coaching, Daily 6:15 drop-offs for Hunter's middle school football, going over plays, practicing stances, watching preseason NFL football, cheerleading (for football), buying cleats-mouthguards-jockstraps-compression shorts-gloves, Football LAUNDRY... don't even get me started!

But guess what?  I love it! (sort of)  I love watching my boys play football.  I love the bond it creates between father and sons.  I love watching Bill's proud face when he sees our boys find success in a sport he loves.  I love a cool crisp fall afternoon (in late Oct.) and football announcers saying my son just got a sack.  I love the discipline it teaches.  I love the respect it demands.  I love that my kids are enjoying it.  It is a good thing!

I have to remember all those things I love about it when we rarely sit down as a family for dinner, I wake up at some crazy hour to exercise before I take my son to practice, I hardly get to see my husband, I empty the laundry baskets of one load of clothes and start the next, and we are packing everybody up to be gone ALL DAY at games and scrimmages.

It really is a great thing to have kids involved in sports and doing something they love.  Can't wait until the games start and I have pictures and stories to share!  But for now--- I'm a football widow.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I have to agree it is a big part of life for the next few months!