Some days you just feel like you've been beat up. Sometimes it's longer than a few days. It's been a rough start to the New Year and I am hoping things turn around... AND SOON! Add a little bit of PMS and you've got one emotional mama!
Today started out with Barrett pushing Bauer down 25 stairs w/ a tile floor at the bottom. And... of course, like usual- mom being 2 seconds too late to break the fall.
So sad, so very sad was Bauer. Mom was pretty dang mad.
And so the day goes on, and on, and on, and on.
Cut to 1:00 pm (the time when Barrett SHOULD be home in bed taking a nap). We're in Target and he's throwing a FIT. I am TRYING my hardest to be patient and deter all the turning heads. And then it happened. I looked up to see a woman looking at me and my completely OUT OF CONTROL son. I dreaded what was coming next... and this is what I got:
"You're doing a good job, keep it up-- one day he'll listen and he'll thank you for it."
THANK YOU lady in the office supply aisle at Target, YOU COMPLETE ME.

5 comments:
sorry about your yucky day! what a very nice lady at target. we need more people in the world whose glasses are half full! hope little bauer is doing ok. that is the worst sound on the planet. and that barrett...what a STINKER!! he needs to come hang with his Mr. A so they can keep each other out of trouble (ya...right!)! :)
Hope tomorrow is a better day! I'm glad that Bauer was okay.
Oh, that just gave me chills. Don't you love it when others understand your plight AND let you know they understand. I need to speak up more to frustrated moms.
I am so impressed! She could've made some nasty comment. 2 weeks ago a lady in the mall yelled at Rob for having 4 kids - and they were actually being good! Hope tomorrow is a "thumbs up" day!!
what a sweet lady. just another reason why i love texas. everyone is so nice there. not a chance that would happen in arizona. i don't even have screaming kids and i get dirty looks at target.
Post a Comment