Saturday, July 5, 2008

What I've been doing...

So- I'm supposed to have a mini-vacation too whild my kids are gone, right? Well, that's kind of what I'm doing. I haven't been doing much around the house- I've been playing with Barrett, sewing (see posts below), and just relaxing. All the while my DEAR HARDWORKING HUSBAND is spending lots of time at work... sorry babe, you deserve a break too! **Golf for you everyday for a week in yellowstone!** SMOOCHES!

Barrett's been missing his brother's and sister- so we made a wall mural for them and I think it's pretty fun! Took these B&W pics of each kid the week before they left for California with my NEW CAMERA!! I found these frames at Hobby Lobby (my new fav craft store! LOOOOVE IT!) for $8.00 each @ 50% off. And the 8x10's I had printed at Sam's Club- lovin' their digital photo center online! They were only $1.46 each!! I figure at that price I can rotate the photos every few months or so with my new fav pic of each kid. Total cost of this project: $47. Remembering my long lost kids: PRICELESS!!


Every night when we put Barrett to bed, he goes up the stairs and says goodnight to each kid: "Goodnight Hunter, Goodnight Brocky, Goodnight Hannah, Nigh Night Barrett, Nigh Night cute baby Bauer." So cute!


And look at this fabric-- does it just SCREAM "Julie" or what? Got it for $4.05 a yard at JoAnn's yesterday... it was originally $19.95 a yard. I can see some fun drapes coming my way soon...


Gotta get back to my sewing room!

4 comments:

Heidi P said...

Julie,

Cutest cutest cutest idea on the pictures! They look so cute. All I can say is that you are full of unlimited talents! Thanks for sharing them and I miss seeing you and chatting with you.

Anonymous said...

Love your great photo wall!

Lisa said...

You are out of control. Are you one of those who just can't sit still, always have to have a project going on. I wish I got that gene. I have so many projects I'd love to do and just can't "find" the time.

Jodi said...

you have such an eye for decorating. I love the colored picture frames and all your new window treatments you made. I am seriously so impressed with your talents! Hope you are doing well. I love reading your blog!