Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Royal Treatments...

So, I told you I was going to be making some fun curtains with that fabric right? Guess what I've been working on for 3 days straight?!?!? You guessed it! Cornise Boards!! And I am done, they're hung and I'm so excited!! (Even Barrett noticed the change! He came
downstairs this morning, points to the kitchen window and goes,
"WOW!! MOM LOOK!!!" Pretty observant, I'd say!)
So here is the beginning:

Midway:

And finished product:

I made one for the kitchen, one for the living room (w/ matching pillows!),
and one for the family room... so fun!
Kitchen:
Living room:
Family room... my fav! :

Then I continued the craziness and made 3 more for my bedroom windows. I made these out of table runners I bought 2 years ago and sheers from IKEA.

Master Bedroom
Next Project: Re-covering those two chairs... check back in Aug.
Needless-to-say, Bauer's spent a lot of time like this:

Exersaucer!!!

And Barrett's been busy finding other things to do:


sorry dad... I know that just makes you cringe!!! Don't worry, it's not your baby grand!


Getting ready for the family reunion... watch out brothers!
After his 3rd fudgesicle of the day... mmmmm!

So how much would you guess it cost me to make all 6 cornise boards and 4 pillows? Put in your bets and I'll tell you in a few days. Hint: I am a BARGAIN shopper and DIY-er!

I am so happy with the finished product, it's been 3 days of hard work and my house is a MESS... but the windows look fantastic!! Thanks to my friends Anne & Becky for the helping hands- and to my muscle man, BILLY for being so handy and tough! Love you!!







8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it. You did such a great job. I've been wanting to do that for my kitchen and family room but don't know what to do or how to start. You need to post a "how to"

Beck said...

WOW!!! and can I just add, YOU ROCK! I would give ANYTHING to be crafty, but not going to happen in this lifetime :)

I agree w/Lisa... "how to" baby! Bring the rest of us to your DIY experience.

I would guess for you, but I've never (not kidding) never bought fabric or anything so i'm not guessing, but I bet you got a deal!

Suzanne Plant said...

Okay -- from a fellow DIYer I have to guess you did it all for under $50. I have to say it looks like it cost hundreds though. You did AWESOME Jules!

Pamela Becker said...

Jules! You are amazing! I wish I had your talent and energy. Come visit and teach me how to do this too. I love it!

Angela Jamison said...

Julie,
I love what you did. You are amazing. I wish I could see it in person. Have a great summer. Keep up the good work.

Wardell Family said...

Seriously, great job! I am giggling to myself because I know when my boys were gone I was supposed to be resting and instead I worked on getting Trey's room done. It is a time to "get things done that were otherwise impossible" while your kids are gone. You however did A LOT and I am way impressed. Love it all!

Becca G said...

Looks great even though it was a ton of work!!!

Liz E said...

Julie-
Those all look great. I recognized the runners in your bedroom. Walmart clearance baby! Hope all is going well!
Love-
LiZ