Friday, April 4, 2008

"I wanted a 'play' mom"

So the good news is, my Peekaboobaby business has picked up big time! I am constantly sewing nursing covers, burp cloths, blankets, etc. (IN MY FREE TIME! ha ha). Which is so exciting because I really love it- and it helps out with finances. The bad news is, Hannah wanted a 'play mom' and she doesn't have one. Here's how I found out:

Hannah: "mom, can you PLEASE stop sewing and play with me?"
Me: "Hannah, I have 2 more orders I have to sew and then I have to feed Bauer, make dinner, and get ready for Hunter's baseball game. Go play with Barrett."
Hannah: "but you NEVER play with me mom!"
Me: "I'm sorry Hannah- that's why you have brothers."
Hannah: "But brothers don't want to play house and dolls, I wish I had a sister."
Me: "Me too."
Hannah: "Or a mom who played with me. You're a 'busy' mom and I wanted a 'play' mom.

At which point I turned off my sewing machine and asked her what she wanted to play. Within 5 minutes, Bauer was crying and needed to be fed- I tried to play and feed, but she wasn't feeling it. I guess I am just a 'busy' mom.

5 comments:

Jodee said...

awe man, that's a sad story. I'm sorry Jules! I think your a "great busy mom"- take that!

Jessica said...

This breaks my heart- but I so relate! Congrats on another beautiful baby boy!- P.S. Jade really misses Hunter and Broc!

McDowell Family said...

You're a great "busy" mom!! My mom was a "busy" mom and I don't have any permanent damage. Don't you just love mom guilt? No one warned me before having kids that I'd feel guilty at least once every day about something if not more!

Wardell Family said...

I don't know how you do it! I will be calling you with pointers after only 3. Keep up the good work-one day they will see you worked hard for THEM. It is too hard to see that now. Nice work on your business! You are awesome!

Loves,
Amber

Susan said...

I am glad you have found some people there to sew for you. This will free up some of your time so you can play more. I think you are a great mom and you play a lot with them. When the pools are open, you go swimming every day with them. Tell Hannah that I wish I lived closer so I could play with her. Is there any chance that she will have a little sister someday!