Friday, March 14, 2008

3 weeks... where has the time gone?!

Bauer is 3 weeks old today! I can't believe it! He is SOOOO cute and such a good baby. He is quite content as long as he's being held... thank goodness we have lots of arms that love to hold in this family! We're still working on the sleep thing, but the past few nights have been a little better! I just have to forget that I LOVE SLEEP!!!

There's so many things I need to do- one of which includes taking him somewhere to get professional pictures taken... and I haven't downloaded my pics from the camera recently-- so ya'll are gonna have to wait to get another peek at him! SORRY!!

Just trying to stay above water here! On Wednesday (all at the same time) I got thrown up on, peed on, pooped on, and then glanced over at Barrett who had a VERY MESSY & STINKY diaper. The thought came to mind, "What am I doing?! I am 33 years old (ouch!) and covered in human waste." But it quickly left and a much better feeling came into my heart... I am doing exactly what I want to be doing- being a stay-at-home mom, raising 5 beautiful children who have very different and wonderful qualities that keep our family happy and laughing. It's quite the circus around here and Bill's convinced we should never leave the house w/ all 7 of us at once, but it'll calm down one day-- we hope!

Brock and Barrett are both sick w/ colds. It is quite the challenge to explain to Barrett why he can't KISS KISS KISS on Bauer. He is so lovey with him! I've kept Barrett home for almost a month now to keep him away from germs... where did he get this?! AHHH! I guess we can't all live in a bubble, as much as I'd love to!

Well, this has turned out to be a rather random post- but that's kinda my life lately! RANDOM... trying to do all the things I know I should do, while still trying to sneak in a nap here and there to stay sane, while MAKING myself sit down and enjoy nursing Bauer instead of nursing & cleaning at the same time, while making lists in my head everywhere I go, while trying to keep up with the other 4 kids and their activities, homework, sports, lessons, and laundry! Talk about a run-on life! All is well... I promise pictures next time! Now, if I can get a shower before- WAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Too late!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Way to go, Jules!! It always feels so good to be doing what you want to do!! Can't wait to see more pics of Bauer boy!

Emily said...

Just reading that post makes all of us moms realize that we are all going through this together! I remember how tough the lack of sleep was just 1 year ago with Logan. Ahhhh, I hope you can finally get that shower!

Melis said...

Wow! How I look up to you! I think this post is simply inspiring, not random in the slightest!

Wardell Family said...

I totally look up to you and all you do, Jules! You are such a good Mom of 5 with a newborn and you still looked great at playgroup last week...I need to take lessons from you. It is great when you get that feeling that you are in the right place doing the right thing!