Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hugs from the kid who doesn't like my hair...

See this guy?

This darling boy in snow clothes and cowboy boots?  Well, he is the BEST hugger ever.  Today after his playdate with Casan, he came home, promptly went potty, and then told me he was going upstairs to take his nap.  I crouched down to talk to him and give him a hug and kiss and tell him how proud I was of his potty skills and he hugged me OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  It was one of those moments when you drink it all in and try and burn that image and feeling in your mind and on your heart so you'll remember it forever.  My mind flew forward 10 years when he's a 13 year old (got one of those!) who doesn't want to hug his mom OVER AND OVER AND OVER like this lovey "almost 3 year old" does.  Enjoy it now Julie.  Take every hug you get and cherish it.  And cherish I did.  Just as I savored when he told me this morning, "I love your face mom!!!"  Couldn't you just eat him up?

What if I hadn't bent down to his level and just told him to go upstairs for his nap?  I would have missed out on one of the SWEETEST memories of my motherhood journey.

I love you huggy Bauer boy!

p.s. I forgive you for slicing up your jeans.  Thank you for cutting up the Children's Place ones and not my favorite of your H&M hand-me-down jeans from cousin Dalin. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love it! What a sweetie pie!