Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Bountiful Basket...

So I tried this new thing... and I'm trying to decide if it's a good deal.  It's a produce co-op that is run by volunteers.  See if you have one in your area here.

Here's a few photos of my basket today. I had to drive about 25 minutes to get there and wait in line for 15 minutes. I am pleased w/ what I got. Just trying to figure out if it's worth the time! :) **you know-- 6 kids, games, birthday parties, Sat. pickup...**  It was $19.50 for me since it was my first time. All other times will be $16.50 for one basket. Also, haven't tasted anything yet-- everything looks wonderful!  This is what I got:


10 apples
7 oranges
3 pomegranates
4 squash
2# grapes
3 stalks broccoli
1# carrots
3 large cucumbers
5 big tomatoes
1 cantalope
1 bunch (5) bananas
1 big head romaine lettuce
2 bunches of green onions-- or whatever those are... on the left in pic!

What do you think? Good deal? I'm trying to figure out in my head how much it would have been @ sprouts.  Or my regular stores.  Is it worth it?  hmmmmm...... May try it again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've SO been wanting to try one of these! Keep me posted on how things taste.

Whitney said...

It seems like it's worth it as long as you use it all! I bet it's yummy too!