We are home!! After 24 hours of driving, we made it safely home Sunday night. Thanks to the warrior driver, Bill. He is amazing. Thanks babe!
I knew at the beginning of the drive that it was going to be interesting. That's a nice way of saying miserable. So, I started a log of sorts. Listening to things being said in the car and on the road. And I wrote them down. So here they are... for your reading (and laughing) pleasure:
Pulled out of Grammy and Papa's Driveway at 8:03 am
8:04 am- Hannah- "How much longer mom?" Mom- "You are only allowed to ask once in each state Hannah. You just used up California. Talk to you in Arizona."
8:18 am- Hannah- "Uh oh, I have a problem! The baby's leg is falling off." (luckily she was talking about her baby doll, not her baby brother).
Turning onto I-40... GPS says: "Next turn 640 miles." Oh boy.
Gas Station in Barstow- Random guy-"What part of Texas? (obviously looking at our license plate) Bill-"North of Dallas." Guy-"You don't even sound like it." Bill- "I'm from California."
Total at Jack in the Box for breakfast= $23.19 "2319! 2319!!" Monster's Inc. anybody?
Drive-thru @ Taco Bell in Kingman, AZ: "Hi, welcome to Taco Bell. Before you order, I just wanted to let you know that we don't have any tortillas. So, we cannot make burritos, tacos, or quesadillas." So what can you make? BUH BYE!
Craziest memory: Bill and I holding Barrett over a trash can in 26 degree weather at a closed gas station so he could go potty. Cops across the road laughing their heads off at us. He ended up getting stage fright and didn't go. Back in the car.
Bill @ hotel in Albuquerque- 11:30 pm: "1 doll, 1 blanket, 1 pillow... this is not a party Hannah!!!"
Barrett @ hotel in bed with Brock- "It's TURBO TIME!!" He watched too much Jingle all the Way.
Almost to Amarillo- Bill- "Brock, tell me if he touches you again. Barrett, if you touch Brock again, I'll pull this car over and touch YOU, with a spank."
Bill- "ZUZAK Rd.? Where was that street when we were playing the ABC game?"
Sign on Hwy 287 S.-- "Real Texans don't trash Texas Highways." So if we're not real Texans...
And finally, Hunter ordering Grilled Tilapia at Denny's. Who orders FISH at Denny's? Reminded me of my little brother Adam who would look at the menu and order the most expensive item, just because. When I shared that story with Hunter, he said, "so he's got great taste!" p.s. the tilapia had bones and he returned it for chicken nuggets. Mom-"Told ya so!"
Glad to be home.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Car Chatter
Posted by
Jules
at
8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
THOSE are good!! Hunter ordering Tilapia had me laughing out loud. So Adam!
Post a Comment