4:50 am- Bill's alarm goes off.
5:14 am- Bill climbs back in bed. DVD player is not working to play his P90x video. Workout is a no-go.
6:00 am- alarm goes off. Bill gets up.
6:30 am- Bill wakes me up and rounds up kids for scriptures.
6:34 am- Start scripture study. Read Jacob 2:11-22. Talk about Riches and Pride.
6:47 am- Family Prayer.
6:55 am- Bill kisses me goodbye and leaves for the day.
6:57 am- Find Hunter and Hannah each in their own beds back asleep.
6:59 am- Yank sheets off guest bed and put in the washer for grandparents arrival this weekend!
7:02 am- Inform EVERYONE that we are all leaving the house by 7:40... get moving!
7:05 am- get showered and dressed, change Dayne and get him dressed and drinking a bottle in his carseat.
7:22 am- Wake up Barrett and Bauer (of course they're still asleep on the one morning I have to leave!)
7:25 am- Get the killer B's dressed (well actually-- yell to Brock to get them dressed. Thanks bud!)
7:28 am- check everyone's lunches/backpacks. Sign forms, look at papers. Make protein shake.
7:40 am- Yell to everyone "TIME TO LEAVE!!" Grab breakfast to go for killer B's.
7:42 am- getting in car w/ a laundry basket full of to-do's. (literally, a laundry basket sitting on my front seat.
7:46 am- pull out of driveway... Hannah and Brock ride off on their bikes.
7:47 am- pull back in driveway- forgot cell phone.
7:48 am- Pull out again and head toward's Hunter's school for Drum lessons.
7:55 am- fish checkbook out of purse to write a check to the drum teacher.
7:56 am- drop Hunter off.
8:01 am- drop an invitation to Hannah's baptism off to a friend.
8:05 am- Mail 2 packages at the post office.
8:09 am- arrive at Home Depot to buy flowers for hanging pots in backyard.
8:38 am- checkout and load 17 pots of flowers in back of suburban.
8:40 am- go back into Home Depot because both Barrett and I have to use the bathroom or else!
8:46 am- use the restroom in Home Depot with Dayne strapped on my chest in the bjorn and Bauer leashed to my right arm. Barrett's in the stall next door, a little bit scared of the automatic flushing toilet.
8:53 am- Load back in car again.
8:55 am- Drive through bank and use ATM.
8:59 am- pull up to Barrett's preschool and drop him off.
9:10 am- drop movies in the drop box at family video.
9:14 am- Kohl's... exchange some shorts and buy some more goodies!
10:30 am- Sprouts- buy veggies for this weekend and 3 watermelon's @ $1.99 each!
10:48 am- TJMaxx- return lifejacket I bought for Bauer and look for something else to buy. Didn't find it.
11:05 am- Drop Hunter's suit at the drycleaners.
11:07 am- search the ENTIRE car and my purse for the piece of Hannah's glasses that broke off that I was bringing to Walmart to have fixed. Never found it. Dayne hanging out in his carseat smiling away.
11:11 am- Arrive @ Sam's Club, go to photo counter to pick up pictures. Bauer pulling tightly on his leash.
11:12 am- NO PICTURES. hmmm... did I ever push "checkout?" Talk the photo lady into letting me use her iphone to get back onto Samsclub.com and into my "cart" to checkout. Wait 10 minutes for pictures to print and ask the lady all about the difference between DVD-R's and DVD+R's. I went with the +R's.
11:40 am- checkout of Sam's Club. $57... that's a record (and that's even with $21 in DVD+R's!)
11:42 am- order a slice of pizza for Bauer and a Diet Coke for me!
11:45 am- Load up car and head home.
11:57 am- arrive home and unload car. Plants have spilled all over the back. Nice. Clean it up.
12:10 pm- Put Bauer and Dayne down for naps.
12:15 pm- Check email. Put away groceries. Start burning Hannah's DVD for her baptism brunch.
12:41 pm- Skype my mom, show her a dress I bought for Hannah.
12:45 pm- sit down and read a chapter of my current read: "The Book of Nurturing." Good stuff. Didn't even fall asleep!
1:08 pm- Make some lunch. Artichoke- yummy! Set out meat to defrost for dinner.
1:14 pm- Make some changes on Hannah's DVD and re-burn.
1:48 pm- Fold laundry, think about planting flowers... I'll do that later. Finish up some mother's day gifts.
2:35 pm- realize kids will be home soon... what else did I need to do? Oh yeah, enjoy the quiet.
2:36 pm- Get a call from DISH network-- they think I still owe them money. I assured them I didn't. So much for the quiet.
2:57 pm- Call Mail order pharmacy to make sure Hannah's meds were on their way. Left message.
3:10 pm- kids are home! Open back gate for the bikes to come in and the quiet is over.
3:12 pm- Leave to go pick Barrett up from his preschool friend's house. LOVE Wed. playdates!
3:13 pm- Get a call from Hannah- "Can we go swimming? Kara is going swimming!"
3:15 pm- Another call: "Kara didn't answer her phone- can I walk to her house to ask if they're swimming?"
3:19 pm- Hannah again! "Kara wasn't home. I guess she's not going swimming."
3:34 pm- Home... both boys awake from naps. Good times!
3:42 pm- Hook up hose and get bathing suits for some sprinkler time! It was 91 degrees today!
3:53 pm- Realize Hannah's DVD didn't burn right, make another change and re-burn. Yeah! Finally right!
4:18 pm- Hunter is home. He seemed a little "bothered." When asked what was wrong, he stated that a group of boys walking behind him were using really bad language and it just really bothered him. So glad my son has a conscience!! We talked about things to do in that situation.
4:20 pm- Get a call back from the pharmacy- meds will be here tomorrow.
4:28 pm- Go outside to plant flowers. Get a little muddy/dirty/wet. Teach Brock about planting flowers and making sure the colors are evenly dispersed.
4:44 pm- Look up to discover Bauer bouncing in the nude on the trampoline. Bad naked.
5:30 pm- Come inside to clean up and start dinner. Feed Dayne a bottle, he falls asleep.
5:32 pm- Kids come inside and start skyping Seattle cousins. So fun!
5:54 pm- leave kids at home (except my buddy Hannah) to take dinner (tacos! Hey, it's Cinco de Mayo) to a friend who is READY to have her 6th baby any day. I SOOOO know the feeling!
6:01 pm- dinner on the table.
6:24 pm- Bill calls- he won't be home to take Hunter to mutual. Working late. "Be safe babe!"
6:28 pm- watch a video recommended by cousins on vimeo.com "Love me but don't show me." Hilarious.
6:46 pm- "Hunter- get ready for mutual and find a ride!"
6:49 pm- "Hunter, get ready! Did you find a ride?"
6:54 pm- Call a friend to get Hunter a ride.
7:03 pm- Brock showers the killer B's. What would I do without these older kids?
7:35 pm- "Goodnight boys! Love you!"
7:37 pm- eat taco salad. Cold taco salad.
7:46 pm- clean up dinner, make Bill's lunch. (which should be noted that I don't usually make his lunch, but I knew he'd had a long day, & didn't know when he was going to get home, so I made it. He usually does it.)
8:02 pm- Change Dayne, put jammies on, and make him another bottle- night night. Love you!
8:07 pm- Brock and Hannah are watching "Minute to Win It." Cool show, I catch a glimpse while cleaning.
8:45 pm- Hunter gets home, covered in ink from Tie Dying shirts. Good thing he wore grungy clothes. Head to the shower, boy!
8:48 pm- Barrett and Bauer are yelling "Let me out!" I go up in their room and it's BOILING in there.
8:49 pm- Open windows in the whole house, COOL DOWN.
8:53 pm- Bill arrives home. LONG day!
9:08 pm- Hannah skype's Grammy.
9:12 pm- I realize it's 9:12 and tell the 3 older kids to GET TO BED!
9:17 pm- talk to Hunter about scouting and requirements and merit badges. Look over scout camp forms. Remind him that he can't get his driver's license until he has his Eagle. OUCH.
9:41 pm- Burn 2 more copies of Hannah's DVD. It's so great! (***hint- part of mother's day gifts!)
9:58 pm- Realize I've sat around done a WHOLE LOT TODAY!
10:04 pm- Make myself a protein shake- I deserve it!
10:10 pm- sit down to write this post.
11:10 pm- Push "publish post."
All in a day's work! Love my crazy busy good life!!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Today...
Posted by
Jules
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One word: WOAH.
I'm exhausted for you. Good luck tomorrow!
Post a Comment