It's my favorite weekend coming up!! Add to the fact that our 180th LDS General Conference falls on Easter (a favorite holiday), and it should be a pretty fun weekend! I am always searching (usually the morning of general conference) for activity packets for my kids to do to keep their attention. This year I am an ENTIRE day ahead of schedule and have found the most outstanding packets. I just have to share them with you! In the past, I have printed all the same packets for my kids. But as they grow older and their learning styles and needs have changed, I am SO EXCITED to find different packets for different ages. I thought I'd link you to the ones I printed so you can choose for yourself! YEAH! (Can you tell I am excited!?!)
Here is the PERFECT one for ages 2-4. Short, simple, and to the point. Thank you Crystal!
http://crystalshares.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-conference-time.html
There's many options from this website as well.
http://scriptures4kidz.com/s4k/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=35 (scroll down)
I printed parts of the junior primary (pages 6 and 10) and parts of the senior primary packet for Hannah. *I just chose what I thought would interest her and be at her learning level... it was pretty long.
Sugardoodle.net has always been a favorite of mine. I use it for many things. They have FANTASTIC packets on their site: http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5851
I printed all of the youth packet for Hunter and the entire Senior Primary packet for Brock. Make sure and print it as a PDF. Love it!!
Lastly, the church has put out a very straightforward packet that could also be used for adults. It just has pictures of the 1st Presidency and 12 apostles and spaces to write what you've learned. I actually printed a copy of this one to give to my neighbor that is investigating the church and is watching conference this weekend. SCORE! Here's the link to that one: https://beta.lds.org/general-conference/children?locale=eng It's called "Conference Notebook."
***One more thing!! I use these bingo cards and laminate them so that the kids can play bingo one session. Each one is different, there are 12 cards in all. We use M&M's to mark them off. Laminating them preserves them for each semi-annual conference.
http://lds.about.com/library/bl/games/bingo_boards.pdf
Hope you find what you're looking for! I sure did! Can't wait until Sat. morning!!!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Conference Packets
Posted by
Jules
at
10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment