Searching for our lost dog... wish we could do it every week!! NOT!
Needless-to-say, Bill got in his second jog of the day, I drove like a mad-woman through the neighborhood, and J-Fred saved the day!
Here's the story, morning glory...
Kids were emptying the trash and putting the cans out in the alleyway for pickup in the morning. We left the gate open, Dodger was in the house but bolted out when the door opened and took off out the gate. It could have been 1 minute, could have been 20 before we realized he was gone. I was filling a bath for the killer B's and everyone was busy doing jobs.
Next thing we know, Dodger's no where to be found and we're frantically searching for him with 3 kids bawling because we've lost our dog. (whose 2nd bday was yesterday, by the way! Why would he take off? We totally spoiled him rotten all day!)
To make a very long story short, Jenny- the heroine- had stopped by to drop something off to me and I said, "Can't talk, gotta go find my doggie." She dropped and ran-- then on her way out of the neighborhood she pulled up to a bunch of cars slowed down on the side of the road and a lady trying to hold onto our 100 lb. crazy lab! She grabbed Dodger, put him in her car, and proceeded to call me while her youngest was screaming and Dodger was climbing all over her while she drove! She risked her VERY LIFE!! J-Fred saved the day!!! I owe ya lady. Sonic drink, Wendy's Frosty, at least a car wash... come on! Thanks Jen, you made the kids very happy tonight... me, I was hoping my life might get a little simpler.
JUST KIDDING--- love our Dodger Dog!! Glad you're safe and Jenny's your new best bud!

1 comment:
It was our pleasure!! Just glad we found that sweet dog..it was pretty funny though! I've never had a 100 lb dog sitting in my lap while I drive..it was an experience! Love it!
Post a Comment