Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Girl's Weekend

We decided at our family reunion last summer that it was time to establish a "girl's weekend" tradition since we do have 8 of us girls in the family now... I volunteered to be the first one to host in my hometown. Over memorial weekend 6 of the girls came to town (missed you Lacy and Tristan!!) and we headed south to San Antonio. It was a blast... here's some pics from the fabulous weekend!!!
These are "Sisters" Brighton bracelets that my mom bought us. They are so pretty and we all just loved them! Thanks mom!!!

Eating breakfast on the riverwalk

Just posing on the riverwalk... it was so pretty!

Up top on the Tower of the Americas-- it was a great view!

After we went to the top of the tower, we went to a 4-D show on Texas. I've got a few things to say about that... First off- TEXAS PRIDE! Holy cow! I've never lived in a place that was SOOOO full of pride for their state. I mean, I love it and all, but WOW! Second... I don't think any of us knew that 4-D meant that we'd get wet, poked in the back (through the seat), snakes at our feet... it was pretty funny. We pretty much screamed the whole time. And lastly-- look at these crazy girls! I particularly love how ABSOLUTELY carefree and CRAZY my sister in law Michele gets on trips. I saw it when we went on our Alaskan Cruise, and again this weekend. She's a mom of 6- and when she gets out without the kids, she is ready to PARTY all night long! It is so funny and I just love that about her... and Whitney is right there and game for everything too-- they are just such fun sisters... no "in-law" necessary... we just have a great time together and I learn so much from all these women!

We went to a dueling piano bar to celebrate my mom's birthday. It was very entertaining. (note Michele again!) Especially when they called my mom up on the stage (thanks for the tip-off Megs!) to do the chicken dance!!! She was mortified... but such a good sport. And because I love her and am so grateful for her-- I won't post those pics on here for y'all to see. (email me privately, I'll send them on...) ha ha. Love ya mom!!
All in all, it was such a fun weekend. And despite 3 pregos, 1 oldie (mom did have a bday!), and 2 crazy, kidless girls... we partied like rockstars!!!

In front of the Alamo Sunday morning before we left. Can't wait for next year girl's! Who's planning it?!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yay!! So much fun! Who would have thought we'd ever do this, huh? Thanks for finally making it happen. It was awesome. When are we doing our next one?!