That's about what I wanted to say when we were 12 hours into the trip. Somewhere in Colorado, I think-- and it was 4 am. You see, I was crazy to think I could actually drive by myself to Utah with my 3 younger kids. Bill was SOOO reluctant to let me do it, but I convinced him over and over again that it would be fine. I was "caravaning" with another family from my ward-- so if anything happened, they could help me out. But I had my 5 hour energy shots and a book on tape and I was READY TO GO!!!!!!!
It ended up last minute that I added 2 more passengers. 2 of my friends' kids wanted to ride with me and stay with an aunt & uncle in Utah. They were going to help me on the ride. And they did. Linnen helped with the kids in the back, Quade did too-- and he kept me awake... sometimes. He got pretty sleepy too! Who wouldn't in the middle of the night!?! Somehow, my two youngest babies (28 months and 7 months) BOTH got the runs. NICE... I was changing diapers like you wouldn't believe. And we had our fair share of blowouts. (diaper blowouts, thank goodness not tires!) Poor Linnen got carsick with about 5 hours to go and tossed her cookies right in her lap-- it was a scene all of us in my suburban, I tell you!
I wanted to give up in Montecello, UT. I still had about 5 hours to go and I just didn't think I could do it. I called Bill and I called my parents and I wanted to give up. It was about 6:30 am and I was SOOOOO tired. Like, can't even keep my eyes open tired. I was absolutely sick to my stomach from four 5 hour energy drinks and a Monster drink too. I was jittery and just felt awful!! I just kept praying, "Please let me get through this!!!" Rebecca drove for an hour for me and I crashed hard. I woke up and drove again the last 4 hours. Made it to Lehi by 1 pm and never wanted to get in my car again! But we did-- every day for the rest of the trip- to go somewhere fun and exciting! And this started the fun 3 week vacation we took this summer!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
22 hours... kill me now.
Posted by
Jules
at
3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are insane, and I love you for it. Better you than me is all I'm gonna say about that.
you are CRAZY my friend. wow. but it looks like it was well worth it.
i loved seeing you at the reunion. and thought of you as i drove my kiddos home from jackson hole, wy (not 22 hours but 18!).
anna loves her headband. i need to learn how to make those......
Post a Comment